C code to extract data from text file

Discussion in 'C' started by dedmoroz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dedmoroz

dedmoroz New Member

Hello,
    I am at level 0 of knowledge about C language and I need to write some code. I am hoping that someone can at least point me into the wright direction.

I need to be able to extract some data from a text file. It is basically two columns of numbers that I need to extract and create a text file with these two columns, comma delimited. There's a bunch of other information in the text file that I don't need.

It's not something that can be easily done in excell, so I decided to see if I can make some code that will do this for me.

Maybe C is not the best language to do this with? I don't know.

I know that this is probably very easy to someone that knows how to program. I took a Java class couple of years ago, but have not written any code.

any help apreciated.

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    It should be relatively simple. If you want help, post some code representing your attempt. If you want it done for you, post in the Jobs forum. Either way, post a small snippet from your text file.