Brutus stuck at trying username

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by jkllkjklj, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jkllkjklj

jkllkjklj New Member

Well long story short I've spent months playing an online game (Evony) and building up huge strong cities. When I signed up I used fake information (fake password, username, and a 10minutemail.com e-mail) because I thought it was just some spoof website... well as it turned out I really enjoyed it and I was able to login everyday through a secret link I had. Well now someway, somehow, my password was changed and I have no access to the account other than I know the username (& and e-mail) but not the password. I downloaded brutus to try and retreive this info but everytime I start Brutus up and try to use brute force it gets stuck at "trying username" and the timeout button starts flashing red and it stays at 0%. How can I get it to start working and guessing the password? I'll leave it run all day all night for weeks if thats what it takes. I know the password doesn't contain symbols like $,!, etc. (or capital letters) and I have a good estimate on the length it is from (I think anywhere from 5-9 characters).
    Can someone help me get this working?!
    Thanks