Assembly version problem

Discussion in 'C#' started by Spana, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Spana

Spana New Member

Hey guys,

I just stumbled onto a problem: I get 5 (the same) errors about the assembly version of the project which I am working on. I'm an intern at the company where I currently work for, and a few previous interns worked on the same project. As it wasn't finished, they asked me to continue with it. I had a look through the source code and I found these assembly errors. I'm not exactly sure what causes it and how to solve it. Here's the code of the assembly part:

Code:
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // 
    //     This code was generated by a tool.
    //     Runtime Version:2.0.50727.3603
    //
    //     Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if
    //     the code is regenerated.
    // 
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------

using System;
    using System.Reflection;
    using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;
    using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

[assembly: AssemblyTitle("OneStep Printer Application")]
    [assembly: AssemblyCompany("DHL")]
    [assembly: AssemblyProduct("OneStep Printer Software")]
    [assembly: AssemblyCopyright("Copyright © 2009")]
    [assembly: ComVisible(false)]
    [B][assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.1.0.-1")][/B]
    [assembly: AssemblyFileVersion("0.1.0.-1")] 

I hope this piece of code has helped a bit. The error is on the AssemblyVersion line, as I highlighted in the code. This is the exact error:
    Code:
    Error        3        Error emitting 'System.Reflection.AssemblyVersionAttribute' attribute -- 'The version specified '0.1.0.-1' is invalid' 
    If I wasn't clear about something or you need some more information about this, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    -Spana