Assembly Question Help

Discussion in 'Assembly Language Programming (ALP) Forum' started by MrNemesis666, May 28, 2009.

1. MrNemesis666

MrNemesis666 New Member

This is a college assignment but our teacher gave us about 20 minutes work on assembly and now expects us to write to entire programs and the entire class is stumped as what we do. I have been staring at a blank page for ages i don't even know how to start, does anyone here know the answer that could share but also explain to me, i hate being told answers without knowing how they operate. Questions 1. Supply a flowchart and assembly language listings for a program to read the analogue to digital convertor and send it out to the serial port. See the notes, below, for further information on this task. P8 2. Supply a flowchart and assembly language listings for a program to produce a FAULT signal. See the notes, below, for further information on this task. M3 Those are the questions and below are the notes he added. Notes. 1. In order to start the analogue to digital convertor on the PIC16F873, set register (0x)1F (hexadecimal) to a value of 5. 2. Wait the appropriate number of clock pulses before reading the digital conversion. Assume that the CPU and convertor are being clocked from the same source. 3. The most significant two bits are in register (0x)9E (hexadecimal) and the least significant eight bits are in (0x)1E (hexadecimal), after the conversion. 4. Send the data to the UART starting with the least significant byte. The UART transmit register is (0x)19 (hexadecimal). 5. The FAULT signal is set by moving a value of 1 to register 06 and cleared by moving a value of 0 (zero) to register 06. If anyone can help you'd be a life saver. I've looked into assembly but i can't make head from tail, i can't even program in any form of C all i can do is a little in VB, assembly is way out my knowledge, does anyone know what instruction i'd need to write to answer the above question?

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    You've got a terrible teacher there. Get some classmates together (so they know it's not just you) and go complain to the head of department.

3. MrNemesis666

MrNemesis666 New Member

yeah, we have been complaining for months but with only 2 weeks left they aren't doing anything, which is why i've turned to desperation and praying someone on the forum knows the answer.