Back-End Amateur Alert!

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by g10tto, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g10tto

g10tto New Member

Hey guys!

Here's a breakdown of my situation:

I'm a graphic designer, with a few years in front-end web development (HTML, CSS, Flash) and I have a new opportunity coming up at a Communications/Publishing company which publishes a magazine I would love to be attached to (as far as my resume is concerned).

When I interviewed for the position, they wanted someone to do their ads. Recently, they have split the position into a team of two, one to design ads for their publications, and another to manage the website and its ads.

The hink comes in because they want to have someone in-house do all the web site management custom so they need to eventually break ties with their current CMS "Bondware."

I really want this position and I told them I'd be able to hook them up all by my lonesome, but have no back-end experience. PHP seems to be the most common language to my knowledge, but I'm also not sure what all I need besides the front-end files and hosting.

We all run on Macs, and I believe we're outfitted with ColdFusion. Should I consider using that too?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Duplicate of Is PHP right for me?. Thread closed. Please do not create the same thread over and over again in different forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.