Access Telephoney recorder card using C or C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mr.President, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Mr.President

Mr.President New Member

if the card vendor didn't provide any information or SDK about the telephony recorder card is it possible to program the below things btw I already tried the MS TAPI no use i think its not supported with that card !!

* Call ring indication
    * Call missed
    * Record Voice

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Eventually, yes. But only if you have the will. Maybe a more cost effective solution than all the reverse engineering that will be necessary is to get a telephony recorder card for which the vendor *has* provided an API.

3. Mr.President

Mr.President New Member

yea what you are saying is correct I agree with you but the problem is when your team leader says and he is insisting you u can't say no
    and some people don't accept

so what 2 do I am in a state where I must do this ///!!!

if its a C# thrs plenty of resource
    or vb,, java .... same

but when it comes to hardware interface programming I am out of clue ......... I don't know where it begins or where it ends may be some

advice is very useful 4 me PLS ... !

UPDATE : that telephony card has a software it was developed using delphi and it contains some DLL'S may be I can access those DLL's but how am I gonna find out which functions does this action like ...

Another matter tht software uses voltage change to indicate the phone status

4. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Try asking your team leader. If he expects you to do it, he must have some idea *how* you're going to do it. Ask him if he really expects you to reverse engineer the hardware protocol.

How do you know the existing software was written with Delphi? DLLs export functions so you might be able to identify the exported functions. Also, what card is it (lots of details needed here, not just the company name, but the card name, version, model number at least)?