Windows Script?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lamagra1913, May 2, 2007.

1. lamagra1913

lamagra1913 New Member

Hello all,

I am confused on which scripting language I should try. I am trying use a batch file to launch an exe and automate the entire process. This process mainly involves a couple rows of typing and then alot of tabs and space bar or returns.

Please include a small snippet of code such as how to type i the goey based on tabs or something small and simple so i can hammer out the rest.

Thanks,
    Randy

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Windows does not support any scripting language and if there is some complex things need to be done your best options are Perl or C/C++ and for some simple jobs batch file.

3. siddes

siddes New Member

What about WSH? Isnt that supported and promoted by Microsoft? Include VBScript and JScript in that

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You have answered your own query. MS is still promoting it but not to an extent where everyone knows about it.

5. shadowskill404

shadowskill404 New Member

If its a batch files that you need... Windows supports both Java and VBscript.... WSH as host...

Base on your requirements... VB script could do the Job using send keys... I just dont know how to do it in Java... =)

It will just comes down to you in which language you are comfortable with... =)