Visual Studio 6 IDE Question

Discussion in 'C++' started by Frederick2, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Frederick2

Frederick2 New Member

For the past 12 years I've lived in mortal, cowering, abject fear of one particular feature of the Visual Studio 6 C/C++ IDE, and that is the 'Find' feature on the 'Edit' menu where you can fill in the textbox to find a symbol in your file, and then click the button to 'Mark All'. The IDE then finds the symbols and puts kind of an aqua-marine colored circle next to each found occurance in the left text editor margin. What I've never been able to figure out is how to remove these colored circles once one is through with them. I've tried to solve this riddle countless times and always fail. What I find I must do is copy the files to somewhere else, completely delete the whole project, then recreate it and add the files back. Unbelievable, I know. Today I did the unthinkable, and used this feature. I spent a half hour trying to figure it out and finally gave up in the hope someone here knows the magic combination. Otherwise its there permanently unless I delete the project. I fully realize this is completely ridiculous, but I've gotta tell you, I've no idea how to do this.

2. techgeek.in

techgeek.in New Member

EOC (exploitation of computers)..i m a Terminator.
    Home Page:
    http://www.techgeek.in
    In VS2008 you can go to Edit->Bookmarks->Clear Bookmarks to get rid of them..