VB.NET SQL Help.. Urgent!

Discussion in 'Visual Basic ( VB )' started by Keep_Coding, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Keep_Coding

Keep_Coding New Member

I have created a hotel booking system programme. However, I am puzzled as to how when the booking button is clicked it can search a database and find the best suited room (RoomType) and make sure that it is available (Date of Departure < system.date).

This data is held in two tables (Access):

Booking:BookingID (Primary Key)CustomerID (Foreign Key, Table:Customer)Date of Arrival (Date)Date of Departure (Date)RoomID (Foreign Key,Table:Room)

Room:RoomID (Primary Key)RoomType (Text)RoomPrice (Currency)Floor (Number)

This has all got to be done within a single button click. Any ideas as to how I can place this into my vb code?

I have a rough query for picking a room that is best suited:

Code:

SELECT top 1 roomIDFROM Room INNER JOIN Booking ON Room.RoomID = Booking.RoomIDWHERE Room.[Room Type] LIKE '" & Room_TypeTextbox.Text & "'"AND Booking.[Date of Departure] < Now()

I have been trying for a while to get it to select a single matching record as there is a high chance that this query will return multiple records but im unsure on how to deal with that.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.