Urgent: Site takes higher loading time...

Discussion in 'PHP' started by macmillan, Jun 6, 2005.

1. macmillan

macmillan New Member

Hi........

I am a beginner. I have developed website in Php/MySql. But my home page takes some more time to load in some of the browsers

Check this http://www.direct2deal.com

Can Mysql stored procedures help me? I don't know the concepts of stored procedures. If any buddy in group knows
    pl. help me

Its very urgent. Your feedback/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

First of all I would like to welcome you to this Wonderful community of programmers.

What version of MySQL you are using. If you are using 4.x version of MySQL it does not support stored procedures but its just 5.0 that supports.

I dont think it can help much the problem area is something different.

On the home page you are almost showing 50 Recods but if you can reduce that it will load faster as 50 records nees 50 + images to be loaded. Show only 10-15 and it should be fine.

Thanks
    Shabbir Bhimani

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I guess you have put too much content on your homepage, it takes ages to scroll down to the end, it would be faster if you show your content in a categorized manner on the homepage. It takes time to fetch data & render it, and as you have tons of data on your homepage, it takes time to load.

4. topsites

topsites New Member

Home Page:
    http://atopqualitysite.com/