Transactions in Databases

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Salil, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Salil

Salil New Member

Hello Friends,
    I am currently working on a Mysql database and our architects are dead against using transactions in our queries. In order to solve transaction problems we are forced to use temp tables and flags which itself doesn't solve the transactional integrity problem by a lot but just minimizes it. Also our tables have no referential integrity built in. I was wondering if it is possible for any real world applications to function without using transactions and referential integrity.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Yes very much but not on a very large scale where you need the ACID functionality to be critical in performance.

What you would ultimately use may be of more overhead actually and try to convince the situation to the Architects

BTW Who made them the architects.

3. Salil

Salil New Member

I am sorry, but I couldn't understand what your reply meant? Are you saying there are real world apps out there that work without using transactions and use flags and temp tables. I come from a EJB background and I haven't seen a lot of apps like that.