Stuck on Forms

Discussion in 'MS Access' started by piko1981, Mar 5, 2007.

1. piko1981

piko1981 New Member

OK so I've made some prgress, now I'm stuck. I'm trying to change the value in a text box based on the selection from a combo box.

The form displays data about an employee (Their SSN, Name, etc). It also displays what company that employee belongs to (Ex A204-04,C204-04), along with how many people are assigned to the company (Assigned to A204-04, Assigned to C204-04) The assigned will not be visible, rather be used for calculations in queries and reports.

Employees 1,2, and 3 are assigned to company A204-04. If in the first record (Employee 1), I change the company to C204-04, I want to subtract 1 from assigned to A204-04, and add 1 to C204-04.

Right now I am using the On Change property for the combo box to add 1 to the destination company. It adds correctly, however the combo box is then "locked" I can click on it, and the options are listed, but it won't let me choose another one.

Also I'm trying to figure out how to decrement the starting assigned value. I've tried On Enter, On Click, On Got Focus, but for all of these, as soon as the assigned value changes, the combobox is "locked" again.

I can go to the next record (Employee 2), and it will allow the combobox to be used again, until on of the assigned values is changed. Does it have something to do with saving the form? I tried running a macro to save the form when the vaue in assigned changes, but that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.
    N Kid