Static Event Problem on MFC Dialog

alis's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2009
Light Poster
Hi all,
I have a mfc dialog and on it I have one static that is my opengl class, and a tab control. I have some problem:
1- My static doesn't receive key and mouse event, this event sent to dialogs of tab control, How can I receive key and mouse event in static object?

2- I use F5 key for hide and show of tab control. I resize static with SetWindowPos() function on tab control hide and show. At first I have my opengl sence on static but when I resize static I have only a blank black screen. Why?

3- I want to use F1 for another event other than Help. How can I disable help when press F1?

Thanks.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by alis View Post
1- My static doesn't receive key and mouse event, this event sent to dialogs of tab control, How can I receive key and mouse event in static object?
What is the name of your static control. If its IDC_STATIC try changing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alis View Post
2- I use F5 key for hide and show of tab control. I resize static with SetWindowPos() function on tab control hide and show. At first I have my opengl sence on static but when I resize static I have only a blank black screen. Why?
May be Paint issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by alis View Post
3- I want to use F1 for another event other than Help. How can I disable help when press F1?
Catch the Keyboard event and stop passing it to the parent.
alis's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2009
Light Poster
Hi shabbir
I catch the F1 keyboard event and call my function related to F1 and then set message equal NULL, but the problem exist. Can you help me more?
Thanks
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Why do you need to set the message to NULL. Just do not pass on to parent.

How are you catching F1 Event. It should be done in WndProc preferably
alis's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2009
Light Poster
I catch F1 and other key in dialog preTranslateMessage event.