SQL SERVER DBA CONTRACT, San Jose, CA
We need a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 DBA to work on various database projects. Projects will involve assessments of and improvements in configuration, backup and recovery, integrity, maintenance, performance, scheduled jobs, stored procedures, scalability, security, reporting, replication. Projects will also include resolution of database access and performance issues.
We would like you to have,
* Proven experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 administration
* Experience in creating, evaluating and re-writing stored procedures
* Experience in database performance analysis and optimization
* Visual Studio and .NET experience required
* Experience with ASP.NET 2.0 desirable
* Knowledge of optimizing SQL Server using software tools
* Knowledge of evaluating disk space requirements for database files
* Knowledge of evaluating database design, query tuning, and procedure creation
* Ability to monitor data and index fragmentation
* Ability to optimize regular database maintenance plans
* Exp. in problem solving and debugging intricate/equivocal problems specific to SQL Server 2005
Location is N. San Jose.
Contract Rate is DOE
$80/hr and up.
Please send resume to Anthony Goeree (anthony [AT] chancellor [DOT] com) as an attachment in Word format.
You may also contact Anthony at 415-332-0123
Only on-site work. Must be currently authorized to work in the US. Local contractors only.
We can only respond to individuals with the experience and qualifications most closely matching the requirements of this position.