problem with my site.

indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
I have been getting this feedback from very few of my members that when they run my website in IE, very few times it redirects them to some virus or spyware site or sometime it asks them that "this website wants to install an addon" which is apperantely a virus. this happens ONLY in IE. works fine with opera and firefox

Any idea?
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
May be some Ad network ? Do you have any other ad network other than Adsense then it could be a problem
Security Expert
bidvertiser. But i remember some members reported this even when i had adsense. And remember this happens only with IE.
Go4Expert Founder
Do you have any other Ad network ? This could be coming because some flash Ads does not have the needed plugins in some IE may be.
Security Expert
nope, after some research few friends told me that it could be an issue with .htaaccess u see any possibility for that?
Go4Expert Founder
No. If its .htaccess then it would happen always and not for some people.
Security Expert
i think everyone is facing the issue now. So what exactly is the matter with .htaacess? is there anyway to directly replace it or something?
Go4Expert Founder
I see the following error when visiting your site

Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Security Expert
thats because i m reinstalling the whole damn thing.
Security Expert
try again, i redirected my domain to /forum where the actual board is.