Why You Should Offer an End to End Business Solution?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Prasanna S, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Prasanna S

Prasanna S New Member

TPF Programmer, Business Analyst
    I believe that sharing the success stories or personal experiences in approaching a business will help us in a better way. In fact Shabbir had encouraged me to go ahead and share the same. So, I have decided to share one of my friend's experiences who is currently working in Idea as an Assistant Manager. Though he works for Idea, his goals are to become an entrepreneur. He had chosen his own telecom industry and has already started offering services. I would like to say few points if you think you want to become a better manager and to yield better productivity and results.

A Simple Suggestion

Business is not always easy at least when you to try to execute your action plan. Most people might have several ideas to kick start their campaign but could witness a failure at the end. I would suggest having a positive attitude when you think about something. People would say that remaining positive always will not deter your growth even if you are going to face failures. It is good to think about the failures but make sure they do not halt your growth. There is a great benefit in staying positive always. Though some of your ideas might fail, you will still look for plan B and will keep coming up with fresh ideas. I have always followed this and even my friend. This is the reason even when we both of us failed in several attempts, still we were able to come up with new ideas. Other friends in our group had actually stopped trying after repeated attempts.

My Friend And His Services

He has joined hands with 3 other friends and did a start up to offer services to the telecom industry. They will offer support services in maintaining mobile towers. Apart from this, he had also started another firm through which he had displayed television sets that will run advertisements, flight arrival, departure timings in a leading 2nd tier city in Tamil Nadu. You can imagine how much amount would be required to start up such a business in one of the busiest airports. I was so curious and asked him on what motivated him to offer a similar service with a huge investment. His reply was really amazing and I understood that he is really a visionary person. He had planned so well on what he will be doing after 1 year and how this effort will help him to excel in his other businesses.

What Was The Motivation?

Being in the telecom industry, he used to think about lot of mobile marketing and various ways to bring better profits to the businesses through this concept. He had in fact made some analysis and came up with his own proposal after doing about 6 months of research works. His idea was to improve the profitability for companies that prefer mobile marketing.

His Idea of Working

1. He approached a company (XX) that develops apps to mobile operators like Vodafone, Airtel.
    2. He wants XX Company to use his ideas and do mobile marketing.
    3. He had identified a new approach which will be used by the company.
    4. He will even convince clients (other companies who are in need of mobile marketing) to use this innovative approach and make them to use the services of XX.
    5. By this way, XX will get new clients and will reap better profits. On the other hand, his ideas will be tested over a period of time and he can gauge the effectiveness. Also, he will be paid for his ideas.
    6. If everything goes fine, he is seriously thinking about starting up his own firm to implement his other ideas.
    In the due course of time, he can build up a strong portfolio of clients using his airport services and develop a good rapport with several other advertising agencies.
    This list of contacts can be used to grab his clients for the new business based on telecom ideas. He could actually interchange the client list for both his business.

His Advice To Me

I was actually explaining about the kind of services that I had planned to offer in the IT industry. He listened to my ideas and congratulated me. However, he gave me a valuable point at the end of the discussion. He said that my ideas would work well only if I can give that service as a complete product to the clients. In his example, he had the ideas that would work well for the clients. However, the XX company was expected the marketing strategies from him and he did not have a marketing team. It was a loophole in his side.

His point of view will be an exact fit even in my scenario. I have spent months in doing a research about the Indian retail industry and I developed a proposal which will make use of technology and help the business owners to step up their sales and customer reach. Assuming that am explaining my proposal to big corporate giants, they might listen to it carefully. Anyhow my ideas are leaked out. They might have their own IT development team whose services can be used to implement my ideas. I lose the business here. He suggested me to find out various other ways and loop holes that are available for the client through which he can neglect the services.

It was then I decided to offer the consultant services apart from outsourcing works. I got my idea there and I could see a tremendous result in the efforts that I take. I understood the importance of offering a complete product to the clients which will make sure the business is completed. He is also sailing in the same boat by building up other resources in order to have a bigger portfolio to attract more business.

2. mark joshef

mark joshef Banned

Business is not always easy at least when you to try to execute your action plan. Most people might have several ideas to kick start their campaign but could witness a failure at the end. I would suggest having a positive attitude when you think about something. People would say that remaining positive always will not deter your growth even if you are going to face failures. It is good to think about the failures but make sure they do not halt your growth. There is a great benefit in staying positive always. Though some of your ideas might fail, you will still look for plan B and will keep coming up with fresh ideas. I have always followed this and even my friend. This is the reason even when we both of us failed in several attempts, still we were able to come up with new ideas. Other friends in our group had actually stopped trying after repeated attempts.