Scanf Problem!

Discussion in 'C' started by LuciaP, Aug 28, 2010.

1. LuciaP

LuciaP New Member

Hello1! First af all, excuse me for my bad english!

I need to read user input that contains a certain command. My problem is that it depends on the command, the amount of strings i'll need to read. For example, there's a command with the following sintaxis:

Command1 name = value
    and there are others like
    Command2 name

and so on...
    Between the name of the command and the following text always a space occurs... in the other fields, there can be zero to any number of spaces, so a command like
    Command1 name = 45 is valid as well as Command1 name=45

I'm having a lot of troubles with this.. i tried a lot of things but none of it worked.. i tried to google and learn how to user scanf properly but i just dont get it... so if you can help me, i'll appreciate an example and its explanations. I dont know if scanf can be use with variable amounts of variables, but thats not the main problem cause anyway i can scanf multiple times by checking the name of the command first. What i really dont understand is how ignore spaces.. how to ignore, for example, spaces, plus newline characters plus, for example, the "=" symbol...

Well.. excuse me again, i dont know if someone will understand this but i had to try!! Thanks in advance!!