running a c++ program to invoke hyperterminal

Discussion in 'C++' started by calvinlyp, Jun 8, 2009.

1. calvinlyp

calvinlyp New Member

hi all,

i am relatively new to c++ programming.

would like to ask is it possible to write a program to invoke the hyper terminal?

in the sense the program will allow user to enter phone number(maybe plus some others parameters like data bits,baud rate) before it invoke hyperterminal?

plus can the program also input command to the hyperterminal which is connected to a modem to do some function?

pls help.
    thanks.

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    It'd probably be easier to write the code to poke data down the COM port instead. Last time I did that (in Win16, so the API's changed since then), it was really easy.
    If you don't want to do that then you'll have to investigate (a) HyperTerminal's programming interfaces (OLE, DDE etc) or if you can do some screen scraping, both of which are likely to be a lot more complicated than just accessing the port directly.

3. calvinlyp

calvinlyp New Member

actually the program required to input certain query command to the hyperterminal to download some files from the other end which is using the same modem, thus i am not sure is it still possible to code through COM port.

the next following problem is how can i input the hyperterminal parameters(like phone num, baud rate etc) through the pprogram?

please advise.