Question: Creating a table with a twist.

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by Oasis, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Oasis

Oasis New Member

Firstly, I just wanted to say hi to the go4expert forum go'ers. Hope some of you kind people can help me out :)

Okay, so me and my brother recently came up with a business idea that we are really excited about...

I used to create a lot of webpages and things but lately I haven’t been doing so many web-related things so am I little rusty, so please excuse my ignorance if this is really easy to do!

Now, for this idea i'll need to create a table (100x100) with a total of 10,000 cells. Now, creating that table is simple, right? Yep, I can manage that (i'm not a total nub hah).

BUT - There are some specifications.

1. I need the table to be no wider then about 500-600 pixels. So each box should be 5x5 pixels. (10x10 - max)
    2. When you mouse over a particular box, it comes up with the x:y coords of that particular box. For example, if you mouse over a random box it may come up with (63,17). There are 10,000 boxes so there must be a way to automate this so i dont want to be going through 10,000 cells and adding a title= command.
    3. Thin gray hairline border.

p.s. there will be no text in the cells because I understand that this will then force each cell to be bigger then 5x5.

How would I go about creating a table such as this?

Will post in more questions as they come to me, i'm sure there will be more.

Thanks in advance.