programming with Java advice

Discussion in 'Java' started by liquidclient, Nov 1, 2010.

1. liquidclient

liquidclient New Member

PC Technician
    Hello All, I am in a java programming class and would just like to get some information from anyone who has experience in programming. I really do like the class but I am having trouble with some of the projects. I am using "Introduction to JAVA programming seventh edition" the comprehensive version. It is a pretty good book, but I am still not as knowledgable after working through a chapter as the projects wants me to be. I would like to know how some of you went about learning a programming language, or at least the basics of the language. I know I can not learn everything but I need to know enough to pass this class after 10 weeks. I plan to continue learning java and other programming languages even after this class. I just need a more efficient way of learning so that I can really get the knowledge that I need to be a good programmer. Another thing that is probably hurting me is not being able to understand the logic sometimes. It takes me a while to comprehend some of the problems that are presented to me. I am very eager to learn so that's why I have been able to make it this far. any advice or techniques for learning would be greatly appreciated. I am very pressed for time in a day since I work and go to school full time, so I am looking for something that will give me the best information so that I may truely understand. Thank you.