Best way to become a programmer

Discussion in 'C#' started by tyler1981, Sep 9, 2010.

1. tyler1981

tyler1981 New Member

I'm looking to become a programmer, specifically, writing windows applications in C# using .NET.

I'm looking for opinions on the best way to accomplish this, because I really don't know what my next step should be.

Here's my current situation. I've read some books on C# & C++. I've taken a C# level 1 class and a C# level 2 class. Getting a bachelor's degree in "computer information systems" or "computer science" would not really teach me anymore programming skills that I already have, in my opinion. Plus, I already have a bachelor's in business.

I have NO on the job programming experience, just class projects. So far I've found it very difficult to learn on my own after learning the basic concepts from the books.

What would your next step be if you were in my shoes?

2. go4expert

go4expert Moderator

I think you are silently passionate about programming and so I will start to get deeper into it and get a course that can teach you like a PRO