How To Become A Programmer?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by juniorProgrammer, Aug 18, 2006.

1. juniorProgrammer

juniorProgrammer New Member

Hi!! I am 24 years old, from Singapore. Actually i am gratuate from Business field, but i have a strong interested in IT. So after complete my degree course in Business, I continue with my IT course. I like to develop system, but my programming skills are very weak.
    So i sincerly to ask all the experts who read this message, HOW CAN I BECOME A PROGRAMMER? what is the concept that i should have during coding. Or how to improve my pragramming skills even i read throught many programming books, but my skill have no improve...
    Should i continue with my IT course? :( :confused:
    Please kindly advise...
    tHANKS YOURS VERY MUCH !!
    tHANKS.

2. sterling45

sterling45 New Member

Hello and welcome! You've read a lot of books eh? Have you tried practicing your programming skills? Practice makes perfect, use your skills and improve by trail and error :)

(P.S: You can always ask for help here, we've got lots of experts!)

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

A million dollar question which in my opinion you nned to have 2 things in you. 1st mentioned by sterling i.e. reading books and second have interest to develop everything you see.

4. Mike Good

Mike Good New Member

Yes. Continue with school. Take an introductory course that will teach you fundamentals and basic theory and concepts. This wil help you a lot. This way you will know if programming is for you.