PR and "link juice" internal/external flow

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by gnusmas, May 28, 2012.

1. gnusmas

gnusmas New Member

Hello and thank you for looking at my post!

I'm a newbie and was wondering if I understand how PR works and was hoping I could run down what I think and someone could tell me if it makes any sense please?

Let's say I create a new site today and a PR6 site links to it and nowhere else. I think that would impart a value of (approximately) 93,000 and make the new site a PR4 as soon as the next Google update.

Now if on the first page of this new PR4 site (with 3,000 in power), I linked to an internal page, that internal page would become a PR3 (with 555).

And if I used that PR3 page to externally link out to 5 sites, each of those could be PR2s.

And doing this does not detract from the value of the pages that have the links, other than to reduce the amount of power they have to impart to other sites.

Am I understanding this correctly? A site has a certain PR that it gets from backlinks and you can split it up internally and externally as I detailed above?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
  2. saovietxulynuoc

saovietxulynuoc New Member

Home Page:
    http://xulynuocsaoviet.com/loc-nuoc.html
    I don't agree with you. Links from high PR site may be prefered in SEO but it is not sured that you link from PR 6 that lead to PR5 for your site

3. vishnubishnoi

vishnubishnoi New Member

I fully agree with you. High PR site will add more to your site as compared to low PR sites. The thing which must be kept in mind that the site should be relevant one. Having a higher links on a site would definitely affects your link juice.

4. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    http://www.turkeypropertyaltinkum.co.uk
    I think you are confusing different factors here. Whilst Google may take the relevancy of links into account elsewhere, PR is just a mathematical formula based on the PR of the pages where links come from and the number of outbound links from that page.