Below is a list of some of the issues with the code. Please take the poll and feel free to comment, especially on issues such as; standards compliance, server and client loads, and accessibility.
- At least half of the formatting is embedded in the code instead of in the CSS.
- The CSS has classes and/or ids not used in the HTML.
- The HTML uses CSS classes and/or ids that are not defined in the CSS file.
- Most CSS tags redefine elements such as font that are exactly the same, and which could have easily been defined once in the body tag.
- Many CSS tags would not need to exist if the duplicated code was put in a body tag.
- Table cells are used for menus instead of unordered lists. Each td tag repeats the same formatting
- The PHP uses an include for reused code, but has instances where instead of calling the include file, the code is repeated.
- Includes close tags opened in the calling file.
- Tables are used extensively instead of divs.