php installation problem in windows 7

Discussion in 'PHP' started by qogpgpls, Jun 9, 2011.

1. qogpgpls

qogpgpls New Member

I am fed up of installing php in windows 7. I tried to install php/iis/mysql. Permissions problem. I did all steps mentioned on help sites but nothing solved.

2. shrikrishnatech

shrikrishnatech New Member

Wordpress theme, Wordpress Theming, WP Themes, Cor
    Home Page:
    http://www.shrikrishnatechnologies.com
    1) Then it's time to install IIS. You need at least the "Business" version of Windows 7, but the currently available beta 1 is Windows 7 Ultimate anyway. Go to Start/Control Panel/Programs/Turn Windows Features on or off and check on the Internet Information Services entry. Activate the World Wide Web Services/Application Development Features/CGI node and also Web Management Tools/IIS Management Console

2) Now, start the IIS Management Console; just open up the start menu, enter inetmgr and hit Enter. There, navigate to the Sites/Default Web Site/Handler Mappings node and double-click on the "Handler Mappings" entry.

3) If you do not see the FastCgiModule entry, you probably forgot to check the CGI node when installing IIS. Otherwise, close the Add Module Mapping dialog by clicking on OK. You need to confirm that you want to create a FastCGI application; click Yes.

4) Finally, create a .php script and put it in the root folder of the IIS site (by default C:\Inetpub\wwwroot; note that you may need additional rights to write into that directory), e.g. phpinfo.php with a simple phpinfo() call in it. Call this script using http://localhost/phpinfo.php, and you are done!

follow all these steps

3. CarlyFiorina

CarlyFiorina Banned

Go to the PHP download page and grab the latest non-thread-safe ZIP archive for Windows. As of writing this, the package is called "PHP 5.2.8 Non-thread-safe zip package". Unzip the archive to a folder on your hard disk (I use C:\php5) and create a copy of php.ini-recommended called php.ini. There, add the following configuration setting:

cgi.force_redirect = 0

Thanks a lot.
    Carly Fiorina