I have been given a piece of coursework and before I go wandering off on my own and messing things up I figured I should best start with a forum of experts.
- The requirements for the program are to have a "Robot" that moves from one location to another read in from a file, on a 20x20 grid.
- It can only move forward and turn to look in the directions of NORTH, EAST, SOUTH, WEST.
- There are also landmarks stored in another file, record the ones I pass over
- Then print out how far the robot moved.
Upgrades (Not necessary for a pass)
- Graphics using swing.
- Being able to rotate in any direction of 360 degrees.
- Still print out how far the robot moved but now it's not as simple as I'd need to use trig. now.
I am a big newbie to programming as a whole, only the basic things I have done through uni I know and I would like any input you guys could give me on how best to start this bad boy of an assignment.