About password protected folders...

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Deleted member 111790, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hi, When I write my form into something similar to below i have no problems using javascript to validate but if i echo my table i get the open_basedir restriction message?.if i write a form that doesnt need user input but just a press of the submit button i don't get problems.i notice that i can't display forms from private folder.it seems to me that it is hard to display certain stuff from private folder but things like user data from $_GET and $_POST can get in which i like but i thought private folders don't allow that? and i can easily call variables from private folders.i'm so confuse about the purpose of the private folder because some data can't get out while others can.In general i can call whatever i want from private folder as long it isn't an images,ajax,javascript, tables,and forms?.thanks

<form name="myForm" action="someform.php" onsubmit="return validateForm()" method="post">
    First name: <input type="text" name="fname" id="fname">
    <input type="submit" id="submit" value="Submit">
    </form>

2. it seems that i'll always get the open_basedir restriction message for every page at different times.it won't even tell me which line number the error is but instead it will say line 0?