Noob Seeks Direction

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by bigdog1988, Jan 13, 2009.

1. bigdog1988

bigdog1988 New Member

Hi everyone,

Im new to this site, and web programming as a whole. I know Id like to learn php and MySQL. I have some online business ideas that need extensive back end databases built with alot of automated features.

I was wondering what I should learn and what order to learn them.

Someone told me I need to learn HTML language, then CSS, then PHP then MYSQL.

I dont know where to begin and I don't want to waste time. I will need some fundamental knowledge of how to get a webpage up- although I plan to use Dreamweaver and Flash for the design part of it.

Thanks so much,

BobAGraham@gmail.com

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

First thing first. You should learn PHP and there is nothing in HTML which you can't learn from doing PHP.

Its the programming which you need to learn and how to put images / content in pages is HTML which is very basic stuff if you know somewhat of PHP.

Now after knowing PHP it would have advance where it deals with database and as soon as you have it you would start building your websites and apparently see how HTML and CSS things work.

Definitely starting with HTML/CSS is theoretically correct but I would like to see more practical approach.

3. bigdog1988

bigdog1988 New Member

Hi there,

I signed up to Lynda.com and got a video on PHP Essentials. Ill start from there. I've used Dreamweaver before and it makes sense so this is the logical next step, correct?