1. We have moved from vBulletin to XenForo and you are viewing the site in the middle of the move. Though the functional aspect of everything is working fine, we are still working on other changes including the new design on Xenforo.
    Dismiss Notice

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hanleyhansen, Feb 4, 2011.

1. hanleyhansen

hanleyhansen New Member

Guys,

I'm workingo on becoming an MCITP: EA. How many do we have on the forum?? I have a few questions about setting up my home lab. I have a Dell Poweredge 2900 with 10 GBs of RAM ESXi 4.1. What do you guys recommend as a lad setup? Should I go with that or should I go with Hyper V? Any help, tips, suggestions, you can provide would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

2. Trimegisto

Trimegisto New Member

I strongly recomend Hyper-V

3. hanleyhansen

hanleyhansen New Member

Why's that?

4. Trimegisto

Trimegisto New Member

For a very simple reason; if you are serious about Microsoft technologies you should get very familiar with the built-in virtualization in Server 2008.

Although the basic concepts are the same regardless of the fact of using Hyper-V, VMware, Virtual Box or any other virtualization environment, their practical usage varies from one platform to another.

So, IMHO, anyone getting a Microsoft certification should focus primarily on Hyper-V but obviously with an eye on the other options too.

5. hanleyhansen

hanleyhansen New Member

Makes sense. I was thinking VMware only because it's a smaller footprint and my resources are limited but that makes more sense. Thanks!