Learning abt OS

Discussion in 'Linux' started by senthil.march, Jun 1, 2012.

1. senthil.march

senthil.march New Member

hi guys,
    i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming concepts.... so could u suggest some e-book r link wer i can learn all abt Operating System frm scratch to advanced Operating concept.. dat means i shuld hav through knowledge in OS ,how it executin, wat r d various OS implementation methods and am shuld be good enough to write my own OS code. den i also want to know abt kernel and shell scripting and i lik linux very much so wer can i get source code for linux and full explanation for Linux Source code. for dis, guys pls guide me frm wer shuld i start and how to go abt these things ....so guys pls help me....thanks in advance. :) :) am eagerly waiting for ur supports :)

P.s:By the way am week in english and if u cant understand wat am trying to say pls forgive me and sorry for trouble..

2. Alex.Gabriel

Alex.Gabriel New Member

Linux system administrator
    Home Page:
    http://blog.evilcoder.net
    You can't learn abt linux , fedora , debian and so on. You have to learn Linux. You have to know that are few base linux family's : Debian and Redhat.
    Debian derivates :
    UBUNTU - Xubuntu - Ubuntu with the XFCE desktop environment
    Ubuntu Studio - Designed for multimedia editing and creation
    Mythbuntu - Designed for creating a home theatre PC with MythTV
    Kubuntu - Ubuntu with the K Desktop environment
    Edubuntu - Ubuntu for education
    Lubuntu - Ubuntu that uses LXDE
    *buntu - You name them

Redhat derivates :

Redhat - Fedora (Always under development :) )
    CentOS
    ClearOS
    Oracle Linux
    Scientific Linux
    Yellow Dog Linux

Best distro:
    Slackware .

Since i am a slackware fan i can tell you something about ubuntu distros with this :

"Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "Slackware is too difficult for me". :)