The basics are as follows:
- Start with what you want to do or would like to do
- Identify jobs that fit this career path
- Identify the skills you have in your background
- Identify the skills you need for the career path
- Target companies and jobs that meet your criteria at companies that have needs you can fulfill
The point is you need a plan. There are tools online that can help you with your plan but it starts with you. It may take a little longer to get going but it is well worth the time spent because you will end up working someplace that suits you and you will be a better employee thus probably more successful.