Images show up some of the time...

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by qbmike, Oct 19, 2009.

1. qbmike

qbmike New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to web programming, but I have started a website in pure HTML on Gator Hosting. It has been validated by w3.org. But still, some images will show up all the the time others show up only part of the time or not at all. All files are in the same folder The only thing I can see that might be related is that I use those sometimes images more than once on a page. I tried making a duplicate image with a different name and then calling each of them separately and that don't seem to help.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

May be your page is cached and try deleting the cache and see if it helps

3. qbmike

qbmike New Member

Thanks for the reply!

That was the first thing I tried after thinking that I uploaded a bad image or doc. I sent them there again and cleared the browsers before attempting to load the page again.

I found that some image names in the document had capital letters in the extension part of the file name, that seemed to fix the one set of images from not showing up. But I searched the entire document looking for more of those and didn't find any.

I have not officially started learning HTML yet, but I wish I did. I'm new at this so maybe it's a "newbie" mistake.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The capital letters means you are testing in windows but your host is in Linux and so Linux filenames are case sensitive but thats not the case in Windows