IIS, Xamp- Mysql Phpmyadmin did not work

Discussion in 'PHP' started by newphpcoder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. newphpcoder

newphpcoder New Member

Web Programmer
    Good day!

I tried a lot of experiment to work my website in a windows server 2003. Now I need to used IIS as my webserver, mysql-phpmyadmin from xampp for my database. And sad to say I cannot open phpmyadmin i got an error # 404 I think it is error in IIS . Which the path or location was not found. My PhpmyAdmin folder was on the xampp folder. I tried to move it to the localhost\wwwroot, then I got a error: Forbidden error and i think it's an error in apache. My apache was uninstalled because I must prepared to used IIS as my webserver and I used IIS to work my php file. How can i work my phpmyadmin even it is in xampp and i used IIS as my webserver. I'm sorry because i really don't know what configuration i need to do. I need to fix it..

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Why you need to be using IIS? Apache is far better and these problems are just to begin and you will have lot more. One of them is file permissions and second is .htaccess to name few.

3. newphpcoder

newphpcoder New Member

Web Programmer
    because my boss wanted it and i'm not familiar in IIS.By the way now i uninstall xampp and i install mysql and i download phpmyadmin