i need some help please !!!

Go4Expert Member
I have a LCD monitor "HANNS-G HW173A 17'' " and i cant find a video driver for him .. i use windows XP Home Edition and the driver that camed with the monitor is for Vista . Anybody can give me a link to a hanns-g driver for Windows XP ? i searched on Google and i couldn`t find anything .. i don't say that in the hanns-g official site i found only the Vista compatible driver. If anybody can find me the driver for that or a compatible driver ... thx
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
Do you need a driver? Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adapter -> List All Modes -> pick the resolution, True Colour (32 bit), 60Hz -> OK -> Apply and see if it works; it'll revert after 15 seconds so if it doesn't work, don't panic, just wait.
rawdonvanrixtel's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2009
Go4Expert Member
I have a similar problem. My CD came with vista drivers. On load up I get a blank black screen. The computer will only fire up in safe mode.
Tried you suggestion above xpi0t0s no joy.
Any other possibilities
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
I have a LCD monitor "HANNS-G HW173A 17'' " and i cant find a video driver for him .. i use windows XP Home Edition and the driver that camed with the monitor is for Vista . Anybody can give me a link to a hanns-g driver for Windows XP ? i searched on Google and i couldn`t find anything .. i don't say that in the hanns-g official site i found only the Vista compatible driver. If anybody can find me the driver for that or a compatible driver ... thx
It has nothing to do with the LCd monitor u have. jus tell whats the motherboard u re having.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdonvanrixtel View Post
I have a similar problem. My CD came with vista drivers. On load up I get a blank black screen. The computer will only fire up in safe mode.
Tried you suggestion above xpi0t0s no joy.
Any other possibilities
whats the motherboard u re having.?
Go4Expert Member
Hi Thanks for the quick response.
The Mother board is a 71X Amd Athlon AGP Motherboard.
Running a AMD - K7 499 Mz with 512 Mb ram
HDD is a Quantum Fireball KA 13.6
Video card FX5200 HVIDIA GeForce
Rawdon
Invasive contributor
h**p://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.85/96.85_forceware_winvista_x86_international_whql.ex e
replace * with 't' without quotes.
and if u re operating any other OS, download it by selecting in this page,
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
And about the motherboard, i can't find any info about it. can u give me any other information such as which chipset its made of.
Go4Expert Member
Thanks.
Chipset AMD 750 consisting of
AMD 751 PCI/AGP controller (PAC)
AMD 756 PCI ISA IDE Controller

I must admit it is an old motherboard. I built it some 8 or 9 years ago. Just wanted to upgrade from Win98 and use it for my Ipod IT tunes machine.

Rawdon
Invasive contributor
what OS do u use?
Get the drivers from the following link. let me know whether it works.
http://support.octek.com.au/Update/Others/MB_AMD.htm

Last edited by neo_vi; 18Feb2009 at 16:58..
Go4Expert Member
I have changed from win98 to Xp pro.
I have not as yet been able to get a full bootup of XP as the very last and first bootup of xp proper fails with a black screen.
And with a safe bootup I cannot do very much.

Although the install of xp did go right through, but have not put in the xp product key
Go4Expert Member
Hi Neo

Tried the AMD binary file update. Had to copy it from my other PC and moved it to the troublesome one with a flash drive.
As the PC will only fire up in SAFE mode when I attempted to install the AMD file all I got was NO AMD components were found. Should I have tried to load the file in another directory