How would i finish this to best suit what im intending it for?

Jeansy's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2011
Newbie Member
hi ive been trying for the past few days on making a shortcut (batch file) that will allow me to open a specific folder in my flash drive when i have it plugged in.
i want to open up a file that is in my flash drive with a batch file located in another file.
both files are on my flash drive both of them are hidden from the computer but with the batch file directory i can open them. i have the same batch file for both only different file names and in one of my hidden files (Documents) i have a batch file to open up the other hidden file (pictures) but whenever i run the batch file it says it cant find "pictures" but it looks for "pictures" in the "Documents" file. i want to know how i can add directory to the batch file in "Documents" so that i can open "pictures" without it looking in the file the batch it in.
i will walk you through the file

Code:
                    * represents the part that is actualy in the file 
*@echo off
*set pass=(the password)
*echo Please Enter Password
*set /p ui=
*if %ui%==%pass% (goto open)<if the password is right then the file will go to :open
*echo Access Denied<if the password is wrong it displays this and then closes CMD
*pause
*exit
*:open <right here is where it should go if the password is right but what im confused abt is where the hell i put the directory ive already tried cd C:\F: but it still acts like the file its suposed to open is in "Documents"
*start (Pictures)
please help me

Last edited by shabbir; 11Aug2011 at 13:24.. Reason: Code blocks
Jeansy's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2011
Newbie Member
why is there a purple smiley where the O should be
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeansy View Post
why is there a purple smiley where the O should be
I have removed those smiley for you.