I want to buy Mini laptop

Rated 5.00 By 2 users
Newbie Member
Good day,I am interested in a mini laptop but do not want to get one that has to use an external cddrive - want to find the smallest one out there (that doesn't cost a small fortune) that has a built in dvd rw drive. Have been looking and looking at them online and haven't found one yet that I see has one. Do you know of any, and if so, have you been able to use one and have any user opinion of it? Thanks!
JVposter's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2009
Light Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by absotaGor View Post
Good day,I am interested in a mini laptop but do not want to get one that has to use an external cddrive - want to find the smallest one out there (that doesn't cost a small fortune) that has a built in dvd rw drive. Have been looking and looking at them online and haven't found one yet that I see has one. Do you know of any, and if so, have you been able to use one and have any user opinion of it? Thanks!
hello!

What budget do you have ?

regards,
cpulocksmith's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2008
Skilled contributor
hey absotaGor. i dont mean to sound like a jerk so if i come off that way i am sorry. but ummm, i fail to really see the benfit of a mini. sure its small, but a lot of them dont even have disc drives. sure you could put in in your back pack or something but it would get josaled and probably brake. i might be missing somthing but they seem kinda useless. you are sacrificing ram, drive space, a larger display, and over all preformance for size. seems kinda dumb to me. sorry i have always thought that way about them.
also if you are buting one from a store just ask the guy if you need an external hard drive with the thing. seems the simplest way about it.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Moved to hardware forum
LukaB's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Contributor
It would be not to buy a mini laptop but to buy a normal one, depending which because you may be a gammer, programmer or any kind of man/woman. So please tell me what you are, and why are you buying this laptop and I will tell you more. I have bought laptops alot of times, for me and my friends and workers.
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
wiao ROCKS
Contributor
Ye Wiao is very good but wouldn't suggest it, better a bigger laptop.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
I would go with Toshiba ( Thats the one I am using )
Contributor
Ye Toshiba is tottally the best, I am using it and im on my Dell now, Dells are also very good.
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
i said WIAO OR VIAO for pocket laptops , otherwise i wud suggested HP notebook