HTML Java Form to JSP page.. HELP PLEASE ASAP!

Discussion in 'JSP' started by sylo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. sylo

sylo New Member

hey all, first post, im a real n00b at this.. its just part of my first yr at uni and dont even need it for the 2nd yr and never done it before.. anyway, if u could please just get me through this il be FOREVER greatfull...

basically iv done the following.

1. Create a registration form to be used to sign up to a University society, allowing the user to enter a name and email address in text fields and two copies of a student number in password fields. Use JavaScript to validate the form so that it only submits if the first of the two student number fields is numeric, exactly 8 digits long and that the two copies of the student number are identical.

that was fine, i got all that done... the problem is the 2nd part

2. Create a JSP page which processes the request from the form in question 1 and which re-validates the form input in exactly the same way as described in question 1, and then either displays a mailto: link to the supplied email address if the form parameters are valid or an error message describing the error (non-numeric student number, incorrect length, non-identical student numbers).

i dont no what or how to do any of this..

please anyone who can help me out il be so happy.. need this asap, been trying for ages to learn and figure all this out but to no hope.. ur my last chance

Iv attached my form if that helps.. thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  2. sylo

sylo New Member

anyone? please?

3. asweeting

asweeting New Member

ive had the same problem ive googled it and what not but cant find out how to do it if i find out ill post it here for you

Al

4. Liccy

Liccy New Member

UI Engineer.
    Home Page:
    http://liccy.com
    Do you want to create a jsp code that will validate the result and will display a error messege if the value enter do not exist ??? and if everything is good to go will open a new page or will just take you to your e-mail so you can send a e-mail to the web-master ???

Let me know.