hey all, need help about Ollydbg

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kmitnick, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kmitnick

kmitnick New Member

hey all, this is my first post in this decent forums, I would like to ask you about Ollybdg ... I want to ask after analyzing a file with Ollydbg and I get the 0's 1's and the hex dump, does this means that I can know from this dump what the program does? and if the file is infected with a virus code, can I remove it?
    thnx

2. SaswatPadhi

SaswatPadhi ~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~

STUDENT !
    Home Page:
    http://www.crackingforfun.blogspot.com
    L0L ... removing a virus, you think that's a child play ?

And, you can know what the program does, better from it's Dis-assembly than from it's Hex Dump.
    If you actually know reverse engineering and are very thorough with it, yes you can patch/NOP some portions (infected) of the program to disinfect it.

If you would like to master OllyDbg and get the best out of it, read the tutorials available here :: http://www.tuts4you.com/download.php?list.29. They have the BEST Olly Tuts I've seen on the net.

3. kmitnick

kmitnick New Member

thnx for the reply dude, and thnx for the link, and i just say that i am new to this world and reverse engineering and i would like to master it and i know it takes too much time and i am willing to wait and learn, and about Dis-assembly is Ollydbg a dis-assembler ?