need help to outsource a ecommerce website

Discussion in 'e-Commerce' started by mark.boozeboy, Apr 6, 2011.

1. mark.boozeboy

mark.boozeboy New Member

I'm starting up a business and so need a ecommerce site.
    Can anyone suggest how to get my job done.
    Will freelancers in elance be a better option or should I outsource it to a website development company?
    What are the pros and cons of both?
    Please suggest
    Cheers!

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I will recommend you should go through sites like Elance because it protects you from fraud if company does not deliver but I will recommend not to re-invent the wheel but use the existing e-commerce platform like Magento or OSCommerce.

You can even go for hosted carts and you can refer to my article about Best Shopping Cart Solutions

3. mark.boozeboy

mark.boozeboy New Member

but i read a lot of complaints against elance. can you brief me some cons of hiring a freelancer and some cons of going for agency so that I can analyze where I can compromise and what I cant and take the final call. since this is important to me and so price will not be an issue.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

There will be 2 sides of every coin and you should understand that. See my Elance Profile for your reference. I have made more than 13k USD in last 1+ year time and this actually means people have got their work done as well. You have to be careful of getting a site done in few bucks where your chances are higher for getting your hands burnt.

See what is good and go for quality people who are working for years.

5. KaveriJoshi

KaveriJoshi New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.mconnectmedia.com/
    Currently now, Most of the users choose website development company because they are more trustable compare to other freelancer. Company provides full time developer for your site creation while freelancer not provide him/her for full time for your store.

May Company more trustable for developing whole project or site.