Help Needed im a beginner and im Lost

Discussion in 'C#' started by s e, Feb 21, 2007.

1. s e

s e New Member

ahem ahem
    ok here goes nothing
    hi all my name is sarah and im a brand new developer and im writing this becoz i really need help from u guys.i dont know whether or not this is the right thread to write in if its not then ull have a clue of how lost i am :)
    im sorry if im goin to talk too much (or already did) but really just bear with me a min
    ive started working 6 months ago and the tools i use r mainly c# & asp.net (VS2005) and sql server (2005) however i have a fair idea about java, html,javascript,oracle developer, datastructure
    but im lost becoz the only thing my senior wants to teach me is how not a gr8 person he is...he teaches me nothing and even when he takes my code he doesnt look at it and if he does he doesnt show me wt i got wrong , and so many things id prefer not to say, i have no idea what to do and i heard he wants to send some of my poor team to data entry!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean im a programmer and i love it and im ready to work like hell and i want to LEARN!!! now my major is accounting but i got the best scholarship in my country (Egypt by the way) to study programming and i did really well in it but they give us the basics of each language and then u choose which one u want to complete in... so i need to know wt to do now?
    what should i learn??? i mean wt is really important for me to know like threads, networking,.... and what other tools or languages should i learn to help me like UML, XML,software engineering, also how can i know what is the best way to retreive and send info from my database both for the processor,server,memory........ i know my Q isnt really specific but i neeed anything u can offer me.
    and realy if u guys dont answer thank u already for reading until now just getting it out helped :)
    i would be most grateful for any suggesstions about steps to take, things to study, suggested material,...etc
    thank u so much and take care

2. shah123

shah123 New Member

hey, Always take one thing and take it into future. I would advise you to be familiar with .Net technologies as much work is going into that. catch C# and Asp.NEt and SQl Server use them as much u can.
    UML and other stuff are part of all education and tools u can learn them time to time.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

In the proffesional world no one is going to teach you, rather you need to be adding values to yourself all the time and I guess you are in the right domain but just learn every day and that would be the best way to go about it.