Help me create a simple HTML Calculator? :D

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by Ultranothing, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Ultranothing

Ultranothing New Member

Hello, I am trying to create a very simple web interface which allows me to calculate the DOT mileage from point A to point B.

I have a CT DOT official mileage book which it rather difficult to browse through when I'm on the road...it looks something like this :

[​IMG]

So basically what I'm after is a way to enter all of the values into an HTML-style language so that I can get something like this :

Florida State DOT Mileage Calculator

...but for Connecticut. I saved that page and opened it up in CoffeeCup HTML editor in the hopes that I could reverse engineer it, but I was unsuccessful.

So I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers. This would be a stand-alone HTML page that I wouldn't be publishing to the web. I'd keep it on my desktop and use it offline, if that's important to anyone.

Thanks in advance for any info!

- Josh

2. jwshepherd

jwshepherd New Member

VP Technology Corporation
    Home Page:
    http://www.officialhackers.com
    not just simple html unfortunately.

The site you would like to mimick is asp most likely using a database backend to pull mileage values from.

But this can be done and hosted on an XP machine with MS Access database with asp pages.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007