Having a hard time with this Data Grid View

Discussion in 'C#' started by Hogan29, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Hogan29

Hogan29 New Member

Hello,

I am trying to make a Data Grid View for a form that will be used by some co-workers. The hangup I am having is one that I am experiencing as a new developer. I have the Data Source set already and I am will be writing to an established SQL table. I would also like to show the data that is selected in the combo boxes on the form to write to table, under the appropriate fields, while also populating in the DG. Obviously, once I get the data to write to SQL that will not be an issue and will show up, however, I cannot seem to make that happen programmatically, either. To complicate the matter more, under the DG and in the SQL table, there is a "Status" column, that we want to show as being active or inactive. If the item is an active one, we want to be able to show a green circle icon under the DG in place of text. Vice-versa with an inactive field, and the status being shown as a red circle icon.

We also want the user to be able to individually select the data in the DG and set the status to active or inactive themselves, while not limiting to them to just one selection. There may be times where multiple exceptions are needed. All of this has to update in the database and has to update in the DG also.

Does ANYONE know how I can make this happen AND under what parts of the code I need to make this happen in? Like I said, brand new developer and I have never worked with DG's or made any of this happen before.