A handful of questions...

Discussion in 'MFC' started by Mike911, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Mike911

Mike911 New Member

I need to prevent my window from going minimized to tray when I click the Minimize-Button.
    I write in native C++ with additional use of DX10, DXGI, Direct2D and DirectWrite.

I proceed the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING. But how did I know if its triggered from a Minimize-Button ( WM_SIZE is already too late ) ?

Problem 2 : Catching messages
    Code:
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]MSG    CoreApp::RunMessageLoop()[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]{[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]  MSG  msg;[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]  while ( GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0 ))[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]  {    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]    Debug_WriteLine ( ganzzahl( [B]msg.message[/B] )); // my readout[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]    TranslateMessage(&msg);[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]    DispatchMessage(&msg);[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]  }[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]  return msg;[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]}[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4f6228][FONT=Consolas]

Why did I get such different numbers like 15,161,674,.. instead of Defines WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING 0x0046 (70) ?

The next questions I ask is a multi-monitoring scenario.
    Two windows are generated via CreateWindow() and one of them is set to Fullscreen via DXGISwapchain->SetFullscreenState(true,NULL);

Problem 3:
    The titlebar of the windowed window hangs now with their button-lightningeffects, why this ?
    There´s nothing to read about that in the DXGI documentation.

Problem 4:
    If the windowed rectangle intersects with the fullscreen rectangle it switches back to windowed.
    Even in a minimize or restore animation, if it intersects it produces errors.
    How can I develop a secure codepath for displaying two windows together (Full and Windowed) ?
    How can I guarantee that Fullscreen stays fullscreen ?

Developing since about 20 years I came to the result that I need a cost-expensive Microsoft-Help-Line.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Moved to right forum for better response.

3. Mike911

Mike911 New Member

Resume of the Get the right answer within 24 hours ForumContest:
    Postet 16x times the same questions in different forums, in hope to get fairly answers.
    2x times completely deleted, reason: english as wrong language, from Admin Christian Marquart at: entwickler-forum.de 3x times reasked but not listened or responded to the customer
    1x times access barred forever because of affrontment and waste answers from idiots at: forum.chip.de
    3x times advised by different members to change the category on one and the same thread, reason: nobody would take insight, really ?
    1x moved to a inferior visited category, reason: He must something to do, at: go4expert.com
    20x times received grammatically horrible explanatory notes and fraudulent statements from moderators as noobies without taking even a pitty look at the properly meaning (eg. Want to catch WM_MINIMIZE. Answer: Delete the Minimize-Button).
    8x empty posts right this time, for what the effort ?
    The winner and champion to which the price goes is VictorN at: codeguru.com
    Thank you very much VictorN, you are the ONE and ONLY who gives the correct and right answer in the fields of custom-tailored kinkys.
    Code:
    If (fuzzylogic.on )
    {
    Debug_WriteLine(“Retrieve 1.5mA to set blinking LED”);
    }