hacking wireless networks

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by drut, Jun 23, 2008.

1. drut

drut New Member

I was downloading wireless cracker, like aircrack, cain and abel, kismet. I have windows xp (running off boot camp) and I can't get airpcap to register my wireless card. I can't get air crack to open, only airodump to open. I have Cygwin, but it only opens win32 files (I think).
    Please help me out, need a way to use these tools, or find new ones that work to.

2. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    AirPcap will only work with a USB airpcap wireless device, that is with Cian & Abel, with airodump you will need a card that is Atheros chipset and then you must install the atheros wildpacket drivers for your PCMCIA wireless card. Run airodump to capture the packets and then use aircrack that comes with cain & abel to crack the .ivs file. If the network is WPA protected and not WEP then you will need to get aireplay and send a deauth attack to the network to capture the handshakes. Unfortunately though.. Aireplay only works on linux. You will only be able to crack the password way more effectively once you have linux installed using aircrack. Check out the links with all the recources on the top of the forum... You will Like!