Does Google Penalize for too many inbound links

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Samuel4, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Samuel4

Samuel4 New Member

Hi All,

I wanted to ask your opinions about this Googles penalty for having build too many inbound links in a short period of time

webmasterworld.com/google/3084915.htm

I need to do link building for a client and plan to simply build 10-20 links in a span of 3-6 months. Is that okay?

I plan to get links from good sources NOT blogs or forums. My client sells specialty electronics so i will only go to electronics review sites.

At any rate, this is a small site with currently 50 inbound links. will 20 additional links from quality websites that write orginal electronics reviews be a problem you think, in a 3-6 month window?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Its nothing like google penalizes and wmw is the place for all the rumours. Its just has couple of things for such an incident.

1. Does not give value to all the links but slowly does.
    2. Has sandbox to cover the stuff (again doubtful)

Say situation like tsunami and every one linked to the articles on wiki but google did not penalize anything and thats a very known issue but if link building is slow its good and benefited in the long run.

3. vickysoft

vickysoft New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.vertical-leap.co.uk/
    Inbound links should not hurt IMO. As the case with tsunami, there are instances when 'link baiting' tactics bring lots of natural backlinks for a site in a very short span of time.

What can hurt is when you try to 'build' too many backlinks in quick time. It might leave a pattern which the SEs can detect and yes, the SEs might even penalize your site, specially when your site is new and does not have much trust rank.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

They dont penalize but dont value the links immediately and so what you can think off is backlinks are not working but if the links are permanent you tend to get the benefits in the long run.

5. experienceads

experienceads New Member

I think if you added 10,000 links plus in a month it wouldn't be advisable, but the link building you are doing is fine. I would focuses on higher rankings sites with a good amount of inbound links themselves...

6. rapwaydown

rapwaydown New Member

not sure, but if you have too many link in a short period of time, then it is dangerous