1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Gmail be hacked if I have my account opened for too long?

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by Cosmo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

I work with my Gmail account opened all day since I am using the Google Docs and chatting at the same time, so must of the day my gmail account remains open. I know that hotmail can be hacked if you leave the logging session opened for too long because I have a friend of mine who hacked my account so she could approve some Hi5 comments for me.And she did it because I forgot to log out from my session in Hotmail. So I was wondering if with gmail would be the same case or if it's different.

Thanks in advanced guys.

2. cpulocksmith

cpulocksmith New Member

student
    unless they have access to your computer while you are logged in, i would not worry about it.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Thanks man. What about that GX Cookie deal? Is that some kinda myth?

4. fourthdimension

fourthdimension New Member

Home Page:
    It mostly depends on your lan. The biggest reason to not keep your account logged in is because that gives others on your network a larger window of opportunity to sniff/intercept your traffic and pick up your info. If you're confident in your network (and the people on it), then you shouldn't worry about leaving gmail logged in. I actually leave my account logged in all day, even when I'm not home; but since my computer is locked, my network is secure, and I trust the people that have access to it, I am not at all worried about long sessions like this leading to an exploit.