Functions that return two values

Discussion in 'C++' started by psppb, Jan 22, 2008.

1. psppb

psppb New Member

Hello all. I have a function that is trying to return an array (overcoat) and a variable 'money' The program is quite large and is and old computer game called "Dopewars" Someone wrote it for the old graphing calculators back when I was in High School.

in the program Money is a global variable and so is overcoat because they change everyday. the '&' ampersand just does not seem to do the trick. am I overloading it incorrectly?

here's the code. The jist is that you have thirty days to make as much cash as possible in the "Street Pharmacy" business.

once again I apologize if this offends anyone but it was a silly game and I am just trying to see if my skills have come along well enough to write it on my own.
    View attachment 4

the errors are

68 C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\My Documents\dopewarsrevised.cpp expected primary-expression before "int"

2. psppb

psppb New Member

Update. I cleaned the code up to eliminate the problem of two returns but I still have the most nagging of problems that I cannot seem to figure out. The array is a double

here is the program... Please help

Thanks View attachment 5

3. kslpeter87

kslpeter87 New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.friendster.com/atlantiz8
    1. your 'drugbuy' function expect to receive an array. But the argument you send from the main is an array subscript notation, which is a content of the array.

i can run it when i solve this prob.