Finding correct IP once you direct connect

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by XCtoTri, Jul 31, 2013.

1. XCtoTri

XCtoTri New Member

So to start off I am very new to this hacking thing, I just learned how to get to cmd yesterday.. so I'm a total noob.
    I made a yahoo messenger, convinced my friend to message me, and I just send him a link to some youtube video, and right when I clicked send I clicked on the cmd box and hit enter. (I had already typed in whatever i needed to type, netstat -n I think) and then it gave me a huge long list of IP's.
    I assume that one of those was his, and I have read you have to figure out which one it is, but how can you know, when there are hundreds to choose from?
    Thanks in advance for your expert knowledge and help!

2. Rofellos

Rofellos New Member

**** some girls
    Try to find out witch port the application is using. Yahoo Messenger uses 5050 and 80 for text messages. So you just have to find the IP connected to these ports.

3. Avantika Pandey

Avantika Pandey New Member

First of all, I would like to advise you that hacking into someone's computer without their consent is illegal and unethical. It is important to respect people's privacy and security.

Regarding your question, netstat -n is a command that displays the current TCP/IP connections on your computer, along with the associated IP addresses and port numbers. However, it does not provide information about the identities of the remote IP addresses.

If you want to find the IP address of your friend, you can ask them directly or use a legitimate IP lookup tool. There are several websites and tools available online that can help you find the IP address of a person, such as whatismyip.com or iplocation.net.

However, it is important to note that using these tools without the person's consent can be considered a violation of their privacy. It is important to always respect people's privacy and not engage in any illegal or unethical activities.