Error: Remote Connection in Sql Server Express while run a EXE application ?

Discussion in 'SQL Server' started by dotnetnewbie, Apr 2, 2008.

1. dotnetnewbie

dotnetnewbie New Member

I am getting this error
    "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.when connecting to SQL Server 2005,this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.(provider:Named Pipes Provider,error:40-Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server,Error:2)"

in SQL EXPRESS 2005

1.Just changing the service config settings that is TCP/IP to enable will it work?i changed i run my application but it didn't work they have written the code to the server(connection string to their server- if it was to common how to write the code ?) & is there any other changes ?
    Also If connection string is set to localhost will my exe applications works ?

2.I have developed a VB.NET EXE file -In that application(inside the code) i am using run time connection string queries to connect to the sql server database & created run time tables.

Suppose if i want to install the application to all clients/users how to Configure that application - self configuration/self installer to the installing machine SQL SERVER.
    How can i do this ?

3.Is there any way i can write config file for sql server along with exe application code ? How can i do this ?
    4.I want to set my exe application to config sqlserver in run time when my exe application (Stand alone application) installation.How do i do it ? what are the methods available ?

Pls answer with details/screenshots or diagramatical (if possible)
    pls reply asap

Dotnetnewbie